Thursday, October 18, 2012

Quite Time Best Practices (Week 2)

We were created for relationships; so we can know Him and He can know us.

October 2012


Jeremiah 9:23-24
John 17:3

How do you get to know someone?
Ask them questions, communicate with them often, spend time with them, allow yourself to get close to them.
This is exactly how we get to know God too!

You can never spend too much time with the Lord, it's not possible!

Why do we need a Quite Time?
1. To know God
2. To prepare our hearts
3. To cleanse us
4. To renew our minds
5. To feed and sustain our spirit

What should we do in our Quite Time?
Talk to Him, Listen to Him, Pray to Him, Read His Word, Meditate on His Word, Worship Him, etc.
It's different for everyone, there is no right or wrong way to do it.

So go try it! See how God speaks to you!

We have had an hour each morning for Quite Time here at DTS. I really enjoy this time to just be with God, just He and I, with little distractions. It really is a sweet time, and it sets the course for the whole day. I would really encourage you to try it out and make a time for it, even if you are "too busy". I have to admit when I was at home I didn't always do it, so coming here it's been a somewhat hard to get into the habit of it. To think of ways to fill the hour. But now that we've been here a month, I have found a rhythm and I would even say, now that it is my favorite part of the day! It's amazing how close God is to us, and when we spend time with Him we really start to understand just how close He really is.

"If He isn't your Way, Truth, and Life, you have no way to the Father"


No comments:

Post a Comment