Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Outreach!!

So...... I'm going back to Uganda, Africa for my outreach with YWAM! Our team will be made up of 7 people and we will be there for all of January and February!! We will be working with kids, but we don't know where yet. Pray that God will give clarity to the leaders that will be planning our time there. I am already close to my team members but I'm so excited to get to know them better before we go on this amazing adventure together! Also, please pray that the finances come in for not only me but the other team members too. We have a little less than 3 months to raise the money (about $4,000). I am not worried about it! God has proven time and time again that He is my Provider, and I know He loves to show His greatness by providing through others. But of course, we still doubt sometimes, because we are human.

As a school we also do local outreaches here in Madison. I chose to work with international children at an after-school program called Eagle Heights. All of the children are Asian, and they are between the ages of 5 and 12. If you know me well, you know that I love Asians! So this is an awesome reality for me to be able to interact with them every other Tuesday! We just went for the first time today! We played games, did crafts, and had a snack together. It was great to get to know them, and I can't wait to see them next time! Most of them are from China and they speak both Mandarin and English! I was so excited to discover that, since I have a huge heart for China! I am so very privileged to get to work with them right here in Madison! 

God is really spoiling me! I get to work with Chinese children and Ugandan children in the next 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment