Saturday, September 15, 2012

YWAM Tomorrow!!

This weekend has been so great! I am so blessed to be staying with an amazing family and I am so thankful I have had this time to transition into my life in Wisconsin!

Today was filled with Fall activities. We went to a Fall Festival/Farmers Market this morning, then we carved pumpkins, then we played outside in the gorgeous weather (it's actually a bit warm for Wisconsin), then we had a party for Megan's birthday with a bonfire and hot apple cider, to end the day!







I've been checking FB and email for updates on classmates who are coming in from all over the world to attend DTS. Some got to the training center today and the rest (including me) will arrive tomorrow!

It is still unreal to me that I am doing this! I have to keep reminding myself this is not just a short visit to Wisconsin, this is a 6 month adventure. I'm not going back home in a couple days, like I did last time I visited here. I'm actually living here! Wow!

It's been on my mind all day (well, especially today), but I still can't believe it, tomorrow is the day that I start DTS! I've waited 9 months for this event to happen and tomorrow it will actually begin. I am nervous, and excited, but very hopeful that God is going to do amazing things! Although, I don't really know a lot of details about the school, our schedule, or what it will be like, I feel like that is OK. After all this is missionary training, so I suppose it's better for us not to know all the small details, because in reality we really never know what's going to happen, but we trust God anyway. We will follow Him anywhere He wants us to go, so who cares if we don't know everything or even everyone. We know without a doubt He will use this time to bring us closer to Him and to show us how to work together to bring justice to the precious children around the world.

So I am so excited for this new journey to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment