Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What God is teaching me...

So, this past week God was called me to make a really big financial sacrifice from the money I was saving for YWAM. Even though I wrestled with it for a week and kept saying "I can't do that!" He made sure it didn't leave my mind. 


I couldn't rest until I had done it. 


I had to obey. 


It felt so great to finally do it and let go of the money I had worked so hard for. It wasn't my money in the first place, God had given it to me. 


So now it was my turn to give it all back to Him. I have no doubt that He will bless me more now that I have followed through. He has already begun to bless me through it by bringing me closer to Him and speaking to me even through my unfaithfulness in spending time with Him.  


I am so excited to see how it will happen. No, it may not be easy, comfortable, or simple, but I know it will all be for His glory, not mine. God is amazing and I am so thankful He chose me of all people to go along on this journey into missions. Now I have only a little more than 1/7th of what I need for my 6 months in YWAM, and I leave in only 76 days! So, I need to raise $5,500. 


But I am not even going to focus on the numbers. I think that was what I was doing wrong before I gave it all away! I feel like I was getting some of the glory for the money that I had raised before, since I was so proud of the amount I was able to save. Now God wants all the glory! Maybe it will be that He want's me to completely rely on other people's donations? Or from fundraisers? I don't know, but I am excited to find out.


God all I want is for you to bring my closer to you through all of this!


"The One who calls you if faithful and He will do it!" - 1 Thessalonians 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment