Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Story...

So, here's the story of how God lead me to YWAM...


When I lost my job (and also graduated college) back in August I really started to think about what was next for me. Even though losing my job was really hard, God was teaching me a lot through it. One of those things being I needed to focus on my next step for Him. Ever since I came back from Africa last year I knew I wanted to do more mission work. And I knew I wanted to do something more long term, because that's what I felt God leading me towards. So, as I was thinking about my next steps God suddenly put YWAM on my heart. I looked it up and got as much info as I could. I soon found a link to a "Children at Risk Discipleship Training School" that I really liked. I could not get it out of my mind! So, after thinking it over for a couple days, and trying to make a decision I finally decided to apply!

Then on November 5th, 2011 I was officially accepted!!

I was out with my sister at the mall when I looked down at my phone and saw that I had a new email. After seeing the title I knew I didn't want to open it just yet. I wanted to wait until I got home and was by myself so that I could focus on it. 

 It was an amazing moment reading the words:

"You have been accepted"!!!! 

Praise God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment